These free teaching resources and biology practical investigation ideas are referred to within the AQA A2 Biology specification.
Many other practical investigations and resources to support your teaching are available throughout the SAPS website. Please go to Secondary Resources for a filterable index of other resources available.
Limiting factors in photosynthesis
- Practical - Photosynthesis using algae wrapped in jelly balls
- Practical - Effect of light colour & intensity on the rate of photosynthesis
- Practical - Measuring the rate of photosynthesis
Fieldwork - quadrats and abiotic factors
- Ecology Exercise 1 - Measuring abundance and random sampling
- Ecology Exercise 2 - The distribution of species across a footpath
Selective breeding and genetics
Extended Project Qualification
We have a large number of resources, including ideas for practical investigations, for the extended project qualification in the student section of the website.